What is a cookie?
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Website.
What kind of cookies do we use?
According to the type of organization which administers them:
• First party cookies: installed by our own Website.
• Third party cookies: installed by websites which don’t belong to us. For instance, where we include content from Youtube or Flickr on our own website or buttons which users can use to share content on social networks, a user accessing such content from our own website may have cookies added from these third parties. We do not control these third party cookies and so the user must review the cookie policies of these other websites for further information.
According to the length of time they remain active in the user’s system:
• Session cookies: collect and store data only whilst the user is visiting the Website.
• Persistent cookies: remain stored in a computer and may be accessed and managed by the organisation responsible for the cookie for a specific length of time, or until the user deletes it.
According to the purpose for which data are collected through the cookies:
• Technical cookies: allow the user to make use of the different options they facilitate (for example controlling data traffic and communication, identifying a session, accessing restricted areas, carrying out a purchase, requesting a subscription or participating in an event, etc.).
• Personalization cookies: allow the user to access services with certain personalized characteristics such as language, browser type, configuration for the region from which the user accesses services, etc.
• Analytical cookies: allow website managers to follow and analyze the behaviour of users on a website so that they can make improvements informed by data analysis on the use of the website by users of its services.
• Advertising cookies: help with the management of advertising spaces which a web editor has included on a website where services are offered, based on criteria such as the type of content or the frequency with which the content is shown.
In the table below we detail the type of cookies that we use on our Website along with their purpose:
|Type of cookie (name)||Description|
|PHPSESSID||A first party cookie which is used to store user session variables on the server. This cookie is essential for the functioning of the Website. The cookie expires after the session ends.|
|Google Analytics [_ga, _gat, _gid]||Third party cookies. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. that we use on our Website to count visitors and analyze their usage of the site to help us determine the value of our content to our users. The cookies expiration date varies, some expire after the session ends, others after two years.|
Turning off cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Below are links to the ‘Help’ pages of major browsers which explain how you can do this. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site or any other websites that you visit.
• Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647)